12 September, 2010

War With Technology: Mar 22, 2009

I just returned from an AMAZING trip to the beach.  I'm a mountain girl, and currently LOVE living in the mountains.  I wasn't even looking forward to the beach, just thinking about all that sand in all the wrong places....
However, the sun and salt water were rejuvenating.  I'm a little darker now, so maybe I won't be confused for being a tourist.  Doubtful.
We met up for Peru 12 Re-Connect.  This occurs three months after living in site, and we all get together to share stories, frustrations, and support.  We were down three volunteers since our time in PC training.  One decided it wasn't for him, another for medical reasons, and the third to take care of some family matters back home.  We miss you Derek, Sarita, and Jason!!!!!!
Re-Connect was great to see everyone, including PC staff who are awesome.  We got to see presentations of everyone's sites.  It was amazing to see the stark differences between all of our lives.  Then, my laptop completed it's last Hoorah after I gave my presentation.  The next time I tried to use it, the power cord sparked and I can't get the laptop to turn on.  I am coming to terms with the fact that I won't be able to watch movies or tv shows on DVD, or write my diagnostic.  When everyone else is hanging around our favorite cafe in the capital with wifi streaming through the air, I will be reading a book.  I hope this doesn't affect the frequency of blogging or emails, but I have a feeling it might.  This is in addition to my digital camera refusing to work for the past month or so (hence the lack of photos recently). 
I'm going back to site tomorrow, and hopefully I can keep myself busy with running, meetings, working with the school, getting some tree planting going, etc.  Hopefully, I will be so exhausted by the end of each day that I will crash into the comfort of my bed without needing the luxury of an evening movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment