10 September, 2010

Tremors: Oct 9, 2008

After having lived in California 7 years and never felt a tremor, I´m happy to report I felt my first earthquake...tremor if you will, after 3 weeks in Peru.  I was sitting down at the kitchen table with my host brother and mother, when the windows started rattling.  I thought nothing of it, since the neighborhood is wrought with strange noises.  Roosters at all hours of day and night, cars struggling up the incline, dogs barking, and 2 opposing sides blaring the issues on the megaphones strapped to the tops of their vehicles.  My mom & brother jumped up and stood in the doorway.  I realized what was happening and stood in the doorway.  Then we went outside.  All the neighbors were outside.  I said ¨Buenas noches¨ to them all, then finished my dinner of rice, potatos, some delicious meaty stuff and beans.  Yummy.  Did I mention my pants don´t fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment