12 September, 2010

How I Learned to Use Only One Electrical Appliance at a Time: February 25, 2010

After two hot showers with my newly-installed “electric shower,” the power went out.  Let me revise that number to one and a half hot showers, since the power went out right in the middle of shower #2.  Which leads me to believe that the electric shower pulled too much energy through the line, and thus melted the cable.  My family says that the neighbor “cut” the cable, and since three houses share the same power line, we are all without power.  In order to fix the situation (correctly) we must wait for a professional electrician.  In the meantime, my house is tapped into the neighbor’s house on the other side of us (incorrectly.)  Before being told the rules of tapping into someone else’s power, I went about my electrical needs as before.  I was sitting in my room with the lone lightbulb glowing, and my laptop plugged in to get some music flowing.  Then suddenly I was in the dark, my incomprehension growing.  Turns out it was all my fault, without my even knowing.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment